Monday, July 27, 2009

Site Assignments!

PIURA!!

I´ve been assigned to work in Piura, a department in northern Peru in the Sechura desert known for its beaches and heat!

Population of town: about 5000
Distance from regional capital: 1 hour
Distance from nearest beach: 30 minutes
Distance from the closest volunteer: 20 minutes
Host family: mother and father (44 years old), own a restaurant and dad works out in another area of Peru, brother (18 years old)
Job: I´ll be working with 4 artisan organizations.

I´ll have cell phone service and internet access and I´ve also learned that I´ve got a bathroom in my room which is exciting! I have not , however, seen the bathroom and don´t want to get my hopes up. I´m a replacement volunteer so the groups have worked with a volunteer before. I´m also going to have a site mate for the first few months before he finishes up his service!

That´s all the info I´m going to post for now, I´m going on site visit next week so I´ll be able to post more then with pictures. I´m really happy about it and can´t wait to see Piura!

No comments:

Post a Comment