Sunday, August 23, 2009

Ahora o Nunca

Hey everyone! I'm sitting in the hostel here in Piura city taking advantage of the free wireless. So much has happened since my last post and there is no way that I can record all of it. For one, I'm now officially a volunteer! We swore in on Friday the 21st of August. I also now have a cell phone! And I'm moving to my site tomorrow, the reason I came here in the first place and I have to say I'm more than a little anxious about it. Here are some pictures of what I've been up to lately.


Evan, Paul, Justin and Keenan aka PC security met us on Monday morning after site visits. Needless to say Christie and I were late.

Taco Tuesday in Yanacoto. I think I speak for everyone when I say it was probably the best meal we've had in Peru. Thanks Kit!

Outside Keith's house.

The group with Keith's fam.

Tres de Octubre. Miss you guys already!

Resource fair in Lima at the Surco office. This day we went to the main office to learn about the different services it provides to volunteers.

Afterwords all of the business volunteers went to Alfredo's house to celebrate. Alfredo is our APCD, in charge of the business program. This is a group of some of us before a delicious meal of Papa John's pizza. Delivered.

Kim, Keith, me, Jessica, and Keenan in Yanacoto otra vez to celebrate Lisa's host mom's birthday.

Lisa and her mom singing Karaoke. So cute! Right before the Peruvian dance circle that I was a part of for a couple hours. At this point I was so glad that my family had prepared me for celebrations like birthdays. I knew exactly what to do and I didn't feel out of place at all! This was definitely one of my favorite nights.

Gabo y Raulito sporting my sunglasses and playing on my computer in my room. Completely normal. Cesar is putting the mask in the picture and Raul didn't realize it until he looked at the pic on my camera and started crying because he's deathly afraid of that mask.

No comments:

Post a Comment