Tuesday, September 15, 2009

My Room

So here are some pics of my new room. I took pictures of all four walls so you can get a pretty good idea of where Im living. I think it is actually really nice compared to other volunteers. These pictures make it kind of look like a cell since the cement walls arent painted, but I dont mind it.

This is the right wall when you walk into my room. The door to enter is to the right of this picture. There is my bathroom as you can see. There is no shower curtain and even though I bought one I have no idea how to hang it and my entire bathroom gets soaked when I shower. You can see the whole in the upper wall where they are doing construction and right above that (where the sun is entering) is where the hole in my roof is located (hopefully not for long)!

This is my lovely desk with all of my things. I have tons of books and resources and the big pile of manila folders on the shelf to the left is what Brett gave me to help me get to know Vice and start my diagnostic. This is directly across from the entrance of my room and to the left of the bathroom. Notice also the jacket to my sweet track suit (Peru 13 got track suits). Directly to the left of my desk is where I have hung all the cards you have sent me to remind myself that I do, actually, have friends and family who love me and most importantly, can understand me.

My bed and dresser (FINALLY)! This is to the left of the door. The map is courtesy of my lovely parents and there is also a world map right above the white board that is courtesy of Kara Ridgways old French book. Im still looking for ways to decorate the walls so feel free to send posters! Also, if you know of a better way to hang things on concrete than duct tape, let me know, because I constantly have to add more to keep the map on the wall.

This is my door and window that lead into the hall way. I really need a curtain for the window (which my host mom says is going to happen soon) and a poster for the door (which hopefully you can send me) since you can literally see into my room and bathroom from the hall. Right now not many people walk back there but there is the occassional awkward moment. The sooner this is fixed the better!

Hopefully you can come visit to see this luxurious local for yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment